- The online ASSIST programme provides immediate but secure access to all UK Police Forces to:
Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders.
The service is updated continuously throughout the day and is accessable to authorised officers 24 hours a day.
- WHAT IS IT FOR?
- For officers that require sight of Court papers, ASSIST allows the facility to either view online or securely send the Orders/injunctions and proof of service at any time of the day or night.
- HOW DOES IT WORK?
- To access the original Court papers, the officer will complete the login details with the name of the applicant. A unique passkey will then be securely emailed to the officer with a secure link to a secure login page. After following the link the officer will then complete the secure login and ASSIST will allow the applicants/victims documents to either be sent to the officer via secure email or viewed online on screen.
- The ASSIST server and software technology is highly secure and will only send a passkey to a registered police domain. The passkey is unique and allows a single registration session to a single applicants file for a limited period. Triple protection and MILITARY grade ENCRYPTION CODES guarantee that even if the passcode is distributed outside the police network it cannot be used. ASSIST keeps a log of all attempts to access the database, couple this with IP location software and any unauthorised attempts can be investigated.
- DATA PROTECTION
- All ASSIST data storage and distribution conforms to the data protection act 1998 and specifically ASSIST have ensured that all Applicants/victims have given their express consent that information relating to their legal case may be shared with the Police.